Nolan's teacher is expecting her first child and tomorrow his class is giving her a baby shower. I've had a rag blanket made for her... it's been sewn and clipped, but not washed and de-pilled. I hate to do the initial washing of rag blankets in my washer because they fray so much and make a huge mess in the washer and dryer, so today Miles and I went to the laundromat to wash the blanket there (and ruin their equipment instead of mine).
The laundromat is always an adventure; however it's the kind of adventure I like to avoid. Laundromats attract an interesting group of people. Today there was a social misfit who wasn't there to do laundry, but to use the bathroom... 3 times in the 45 minutes I was there. The only other person there was a man/woman (not really sure which, but I'm leaning towards female) who looked like a Boohbah, but with human colorization. What's a Boohbah? Let me find a picture...
I was prepared to the hilt to entertain Miles at the laundromat. I had a car, a bus, and a rock for him to entertain himself with. I also had a package of M&Ms! Who needs toys at the laundromat? Miles loved the front loading washer. He was hypnotized by it's swishing and all the suds! The spin cycle made cool noises too. After he tired of the washing machine, I took him for a ride all over the laundromat in one of those carts on wheels that people use to transfer their clothing from the washer to the dryer. That amused him for about 15 minutes. He spent the last 5 minutes at the laundromat watching the blanket flop around inside the dryer while he ate M&Ms. I think Miles really enjoyed our laundromat field trip, and what a value... all that entertainment for only $2.25!
Thursday, May 6, 2010
Laundry Adventures
Posted by squidlover at 10:55 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment