No, it's not. As a matter of fact, it reminds me of another May 24, but only 15 years ago to the day. The weather was very similar to today's mess when we drove to the hospital to have baby Jonathan! It rained a good part of the night, flooding part of Jonathan's bedroom (nice...), and by 6 a.m., it started to snow... Here's how things looked around 8 a.m. There was one person happy about the weather... Miles took one look out the window, yelled "Snowman!" and demanded to get his boots put on. He excitedly went outside, only to inform me that it was "cold".
Anyway, I took Nolan to school today, rather than make him wait for the bus in the Slurpee that was falling from the sky, and then went to the store with Miles. I got back 40 minutes later and the damage from the storm was amazing. Big tree branches were down all over our neighborhood. Many had fallen into the street and were blocking lanes. I pretended I was a slalom skier as I drove home making "S" turns down the street to avoid the trees.
The snow has stopped and it's melting FAST. The gutter on the other side of the street is overflowing and the water spilling over into the parking strip. What a mess! Happy Spring!
Monday, May 24, 2010
It's a Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood
Posted by squidlover at 12:14 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment