Nolan's school had a walk-a-thon on Tuesday. They had 1 hour to see how far they could walk. Nolan didn't walk, he ran. In an hour, Nolan did 24 laps around the 1/4 mile route. He went 6 miles! Way to go! When I arrived at the school to pick him up, I asked him how many laps he did... he said 24. Then I asked him how he felt. He had a classic answer, "I am going to throw up!"
I shouldn't be surprised that Nolan ran 6 miles. Twice a week he's been going to school early to be in "Walking Club". Of course, he did ran instead of walking. This year, he ran 55 miles. Yesterday he came home from school with a pedometer, a certificate, and a shirt that said "55 miles" on it as his Walking Club awards.
Thursday, May 21, 2009
Run, Nolan, Run
Posted by squidlover at 11:21 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment