BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I <3 ZenniOptical.com

Zenni Optical sells prescription glasses for cheap! I think we are single-handedly keeping them in business. This wonderful "store" is in Hong Kong and sells glasses starting at $8 a pair (but the $8 ones are ugly) plus $5 shipping. So far this year, we have bought 4 pairs of glasses from them... a back-up pair for Nolan, a back-up, back-up pair (with clip-on sunshades; he really hates these glasses) for Nolan, a pair for Dan, and, yep, pair #3 for Nolan.

The Saturday of Labor Day weekend, Dan took the boys and climbed Mt. Timpanogos. Dan was wearing his prescription sunglasses and brought his regular glasses along in case the sun set before getting off the mountain. Sometime during the day, while shuffling through his daypack, Dan lost his regular glasses. Our insurance won't pay for him to get another pair for another 5 months. I introduced him to Zenni Optical and today, less than a week after placing his order, Dan's new glasses arrived (and he's retired his dorky round back-up pair to the bottom drawer).

Yesterday I had the privilege of purchasing Nolan his third pair of glasses from Zenni. He and Tanner were walking home from school. They stopped at the canal to practice spitting on a pipe. Nolan was leaning over spitting. Tanner was swinging his hoodie around and it hit Nolan in the face. Nolan's glasses went flying off his face and landed in the canal. Bye-bye glasses! Well, Nolan isn't eligible for another pair of insurance-paid-for-glasses until January either, so I faithfully returned to Zennioptical.com and bought him another pair of glasses. Luckily the "canal glasses" were his original back-up glasses (because he lost a screw out of his nice & fancy insurance-paid-for-glasses). Anyway, $29 later, including shipping, we are waiting for Zenni to deliver Nolan his back-up, back-up, back-up pair of glasses.

0 comments: