For the past 3+ months I have been working on Skelly's blanket. For each of my boys I have cross-stitched a baby blanket for them that they really aren't allowed to use. They get to use their blanket on their homecoming day, blessing day, and other "special" occasions. I spend far too much time on the blankets for them to get puked on and ruined from being washed so often. Jonathan has a Beatrix Potter Alphabet blanket. Nolan has a baby chicks blanket, and Skelly has an "animal safari" blanket.
I started Skelly's blanket in May and worked on it each day while Nolan was at swim team practice. I said I had to work on it at least an hour a day. Well, July rolled around and I was only on the 4th square. I knew I had to pick up the pace or it would never be done. That is when I let all the housework go and became better acquainted with "The Price is Right", the Judges Judy, Alex, Joe Brown, and Cristina, and Oprah. When the Olympics were on I watched them obsessively and cross-stitched my way through the swimming, gymnastics, track & field, diving, basketball, rowing, volleyball, etc events. I put the last stitch in the blanket at 10:45 p.m. on Saturday night and did the fringe/knot tying yesterday! It's done... hallelujah! Skelly has my permission to be born now! The only problem is that Beijing has claimed the blanket for herself!
Monday, September 15, 2008
Finshed!
Posted by squidlover at 12:08 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment