After nearly 11 years of carpy T.V. reception, we have a crystal clear picture, and it's all thanks to the U.S. Government. As everyone knows, the TV world is changing from analog to digital signal in February 2009. Right now, both formats are available, but come February, if you have a dinosaur TV that can't receive digital (like we do), you will only be able to watch snow if you don't upgrade your set. You can buy a converter box for the ancient TVs so that the signal can be converted to a format that allows you to be able to watch TV. Now, we aren't big TV watchers here, thanks in part to having such horrible reception and being too cheap to pay for cable or an antenna on the roof. Anyway, the government gave out coupons for $40 off the converter boxes and I recently bought and installed the converter boxes. All I can say is WOW! Two nights ago, Dan and I watched part of the Stanley Cup playoff game and just had to believe that there really was a puck. Tonight, I can say that I actually saw the puck!
Well, I fear that we will all become couch potatoes now that we can actually see the picture on the screen free of static and moving lines. So, I better check to see what's on TV tomorrow and plan my day around the major network broadcasting!
Wednesday, June 4, 2008
Who Needs Cable?
Posted by squidlover at 9:11 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I love cable--can't live without CNN and Anderson Cooper, not to mention Lifetime TV for women.
Post a Comment