I spent last weekend in St. George with Nolan and Miles. Jonathan was there as well, but he was busy with the marching band. All three years that Jonathan has been in marching band, we've gone down to St. George to support the band. This year was no different. We left Thursday evening (and the band left at 4:07 a.m. Friday morning). Miles was awesome on the way down... give him an iPod and he's content for hours. We stopped at Wendy's in Beaver and I was starving and ordered a hamburger. Yes, me, a burger. It was gross, but I wasn't hungry anymore, just bloated and nauseated. Nolan ate 3 burgers... 2 Junior Bacon Cheeseburgers and Miles' cheeseburger. We got to St. George, checked in at the condo and went to sleep. Okay, Miles and I went to sleep while Nolan did whatever he did.
Friday we got up and went to the Red Rocks Marching Band Competition. The THS band had some issues. It wasn't their strongest performance, but they managed to place Second overall (and the color guard took first). We hydrated the band, then took off to go have fun. Miles, Nolan, and I went to Snow Canyon. The boys had so much fun there that we decided to go back. Jenny's Canyon is a fun place to climb.
The sand dunes were Miles' favorite.
After Snow Canyon, we went to Costco for dinner and to buy stuff for the band kids' lunch on Saturday. We spent the rest of the evening swimming. Miles likes to get into the big pool, kick across the pool, climb out, splash in the kid pool, then jump into the hot tub. I was content to watch him from the hot tub.
Saturday, I got up early and made 40 sack lunches. We drove to the school where the BOA competition was held. THS drew unlucky #1. We hydrated the band, watched them perform (and they placed... first time ever... 3rd in their division!), took pictures, handed out the lunches, then took off for the petroglyph site at Little Black Mountain, just over the border in Arizona. Miles liked it because he was "hiking". He also liked climbing on rocks and playing "marching band" where he acts out the role of drum major. Nolan liked contorting himself inside rocks. Miles thought that was fun too.
We drove back to St. George and went to In-N-Out for lunner. For the second time in 48 hours (and also in 6+years), I ate another hamburger. Greasy. Not particularly appetizing, but better than Wendy's. Nolan ate a Double-Double. Miles was in French Fry Heaven. Also, Miles was in "bouncy bouncy heaven." He loves those air inflated cylinder "humans" that bob up and down. There was one doing its thing right by In-N-Out. Miles was mesmerized. Nervous if closer than 20 feet, but still mesmerized.
Then we went to this cool park that we drove past the day before. Miles played and played. He loved the spinning cups. I didn't even like watching him.
Finally we went back to the condo and swam again. Nolan and I spent the rest of the night watching HGTV and incorrectly guessing which properties the clients on the shows would choose.
Sunday we got up at leisure, packed up and headed home. We didn't stop at all and were home 3.75 hours later. Fun weekend with my boys.

0 comments:
Post a Comment