Words get abbreviated- names, states, adjectives, whatever. Most abbreviations do not bother me, but one word, when abbreviated, drives me crazy. I hate it when the word "vacation" is abbreviated. First, I think it sounds stupid. "Vay-kay" sounds lame to me. However, worse than hearing "vacation" abbreviated is having to read it. I always see "vacation" abbreviated as "vaca". I misread it and see a Spanish word instead of the English abbreviation of "vacation"; I see "vaca" which in Spanish means "cow". Just a few minutes ago, I read the following on Facebook, "Had to come home early from vaca due to car troubles." What a disappointment for them, but I had to read her post twice because the first time I read it, it made no sense. her post as, "Had to come home early from cow due to car troubles."
Tuesday, June 26, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment