BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Jonathan's Day of Glory

Jonathan had a great day yesterday! Last night was a scout court of honor. He got another merit badge (engineering) and 2 Eagle Palms... the silver palm and his second bronze palm. Yea for him! Yesterday was also parent-teacher conferences at Oak Canyon. All of his teachers raved about him. I like parent-teacher conferences with my boys. It's all positive, positive, positive! It makes me wonder how I would feel about PTCs if I had academically or behavior challenged children. Most of Jonathan's teachers really emphasized that Jonathan really understands the material. Jonathan took a midterm in his AP class on Monday. His grade was very confusing to him... he got 101/92 and was worried that the test had been entered into the grade system incorrectly. His teacher told him to "chill" and the score was correct. She explained to Jonathan that he was essentially a curve-wrecker. The test was out of 110 points and Jonathan got 101 points. The next high score was a 92. She went on and explained to him that his score skewed the results and hurt the other kids' grades so they threw his score out and made 92 points the top grade and gave Jonathan extra credit for his awesomeness. He felt really good about that. The only thing that I thought was a little odd at Jonathan's PTCs was that Jonathan isn't known as "Jonathan" at school. Everyone, teachers included, calls him "Jon". Whatever; he'll always be Jonathan to me!

0 comments: