BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Difficult Concept or Not?

Okay, here is the senario. You are in seventh grade. You go to school and have 8 classes. The school has provided you a planner to use to keep track of your assignments. Your teachers give you homework. Now, what do you do?

When growing up, one of my biggest fears was forgetting about a homework assignment. My teachers' late homeork policies were strict- usually something that would result in your maximum score on late homework being equal to a 50%. As far as I can recall, I never, ever turned in a homework assignment late.

Jump forward to 2008. Now, my name is Jonathan. I am a brillant seventh grader with a planner and I have teachers that give homework. I think planners are stupid and a waste of time. Mom just checked my grades. I have a 52% in Spanish because I claim I didn't know I had to fill out several sections on my monthly study chart. Of course, I didn't write anything about that assignment in my planner because I think using my planner is a waste of time. Hey- Mom just checked my health grade. It's down from 101% to a 90%. Now 90% isn't a bad grade, but she is wondering why my grade dropped. Mom checks the assignments listed on the computer from my health class. I haven't bothered to turn in my "Life Path" assignment yet. I had it finished on time, butI just can't be bothered to turn it in.

Sometimes I really want to ring Jonathan's neck when it comes to him and his school attitude. For as book smart as he is, he has to be among the stupidest when it comes to assignments. Of course, he's now encouraging me to punch him in the face because "that's what I [he] deserves". Drama king to the end and never taking responsiblilty or trying to improve. Not willing to try to use the planner to help him out. Well, I pulled out the big guns and told him that he starts using the planner tomorrow or there will be no Jazz Band for him next year.

0 comments: